- COVID-19 Resources
See Our Reviews
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us
Update January 15, 2021:
According to the new mandatory restrictions set out by the Alberta Provincial government effective Monday, January 18, 2021 attendance at funerals are restricted to groups of a maximum of 20 people (this does not include the officiant or funeral staff) with 2 metres of physical distancing maintained between members of different households. This applies to any facility (indoor and outdoor) including all funeral homes and places of worship.
Additionally, before arriving, everyone is encouraged to complete the province’s online self-assessment tool and stay home if they are feeling unwell.
We are happy to continue to offer limousine service, provided that masks are worn.
Receptions are prohibited at this time.
At Simply Cremations and Funeral Services, the health and protection of the families we serve, those who attend services to support them, and our staff and their families is of the utmost importance.
Accordingly, we have put in place additional safeguards at our facility, these include;
- We are in the office and happy to help, in order to do so safely please call for an appointment prior to coming in. At this time we ask that our families limit the number of people attanding arrangements to no more than three.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting of all surfaces within our facility
- To help mitigate risk to our familes, arrangements can be made online or by telephone with one of our funeral professionals.
- If you are ill, living with somone who is ill, have recently travelled internationally or are part of a high-risk group, please let us know and take advantage of these alternative methods for arrangements.
- All families coming in to make arrangements will be asked Covid-19 screening questions at the time of booking
- “Social distancing” by our professional staff at services and visitations [Social Distancing Practices: Link 1, Link 2, Link 3, Link 4]
- In accordance with "social distancing" practices we ask that you limit the number of people coming in for appointments to a maximum of 3 people.
- At services, pens used for signing the memorial book will be changed out and sanitized frequently
- For those unable to attend a service, please contact our office for a memorial card and passing on any condolences to the family. Condolences may also be offered to the family through our website by visiting your loved ones' memorial page and clicking on the Tribute Wall. We are also able to post video condolences to the family, please contact us for details.
- All services will be recorded and posted to your loved one's memorial page for those unable to attend.
We understand that the memorialization of our loved ones is important even during these unique times, and we will work with families to provide the best support, guidance, and service to allow this.
Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health has directed that funeral gatherings be no more than 20 people. Places of worship are not exempt from this recommended restriction. Interment Services at City of Calgary Cemeteries are subject to the same restrictions and will not available on weekends until further notice. This includes churches of all denominations.
Funerals/ memorials/ celebrations of life may continue to be celebrated in places of worship but attendance is restricted to the immediate family. We will continue to work with our families to provide for the memorialization of their loved ones while adhering to recommended protocols.
There are no known cases where the virus has been transmitted from one person to another at a funeral home or from a deceased body.
Plan for a private family service now, and a public memorial at a later date.
Receptions after funeral services are prohibited at this time.
Make arrangements for elderly friends, relatives, or those feeling unwell to see the memorialization via a recorded method. We would be pleased to assist with this.
Please be assured that we will continue to monitor all relevant information regarding COVID -19, and update this information as needed. In consideration for our families and our community, we will be making every effort to provide up to date resources on our website to help families through this difficult time. Please visit our Helpful Resources.
If you have any questions, please call us at 403-265-6393, or email us at email@example.com